SOoOoOoO..... your eyes are open, but are you really SEEING?
What am I talking about? I'm talking about what is going on around you? Are you really processing what you are seeing or are you running on auto-pilot - you know - remote control?
My previous close encounter started me thinking about what you DON'T realize or see in our normal every day routines - especially while driving your car.
I didn't notice the difference or realize it until I started riding a motorcycle and went through the motorcycle safety course.
Your eyes are open while you are driving, but what are you really seeing? How aware are you of your surroundings? Or are you a statistic waiting to happen? Do you drive home on remote thinking about your days events, or talking on your cell phone - just totally lost in thought?
Try this and See what you have seen:
Right now stop reading and sit and think about the last time you were driving. See if you can remember "seeing" the answer to these questions (AND BE HONEST!!!):
- Do you REMEMBER the drive?? ALL OF IT?? Everything you SAW?? Or were you in deep thought about the day or the upcoming meeting or something else?
- How many cars were at the first intersection you came across? One? Many? Or did you just drive through the light without even looking because it was green?
- 4 way intersection oncoming traffice and you are making a left - was there a car in the opposite direction coming to make a right?
- How many driveways did you just pass with cars in them waiting to pull out? Or side streets?
- Was there anyone coming from the other direction waiting to make a left hand turn?
- Was there someone behind the guy trying to make a left or trying to go around them?
- Do you look for something around a corner or do you assume it's nothing but road?
- Did you see the 3rd car in front of you put their brakes on? Did you anticipate why?
- How far ahead of you do you look?
- Did you see any wildlife or dogs on the side of the road?
- Is there a car behind you?
- Did you look over your shoulder or in your mirror as you passed an "on ramp?" Were there any cars merging?
- Is someone coming up fast behind you?
- Were you riding too close to the guy in front of you because you were deep in thought about dinner (or whatever else you were looking forward to....;-) ......
- Did you see the motorcycle while you were waiting to pull out?
These are just a few of the many, many things that I as a motorcycle rider am looking for. I am always on the defensive with each and every sense in tune with what is going on. Read to execute if I need to.I am constantly scanning ahead and to the sides.
The first time I got in a car to drive after the course, I was AMAZED and how much I did not SEE! We become oblivious to our surroundings because we are so relaxed and comfortable in what we are doing, we don't SEE what we are really seeing...
The next time you are out driving - even though your eyes are open -really pay attention and take note of your surroundings and what others are doing as well.
SEE - Search, Evaluate and Execute - it could save yours or someone elses' life.
SEE - Search, Evaluate and
Execute - it could save yours or someone elses' life.
Hey thanks for listening! Soooo how well did you do? Do you "SEE?"
If you would like more information on Belfair, Allyn and LakeLand Village homes for sale or Hood Canal and Puget Sound Waterfront Homes for Sale, drop me a line, give me a call, or stop on by. You can also check out the many choices and prices on my website!
Whether you are buying or selling a home, don't put your goals off without talking to a local real estate expert with knowledge of homes for sale on Hood Canal, Southern Puget Sound as well as LakeLand Village, Allyn, Belfair and the surrounding area.
I Build relationships for life. YOUR SUCCESS IS MY SUCCESS!
My email: email@example.com
My website: www.valspaulding.with wre.com
My blog : www.BelfairWARealEstate.com
My Direct line: 360.710.5622